Tullamore D.E.W. Phoenix is an expression of the great history of our town and a celebration of our people. In 1785, Tullamore witnessed a devastating hot-air balloon accident. The resulting blaze nearly destroyed the town but immeasurably strengthened her people. Since that day, they placed a phoenix in the town’s coat of arms. Driven by their positive spirit, the town’s renaissance in the ensuing decades saw the establishment of the Tullamore distillery in 1829.