Online Terms and Conditions
- These are the rules for the Tullamore D.E.W. competition for the chance to win a trip to Ireland for an Irish true experience including a visit to the Tullamore distillery.
What is the promotion?
- The promotion is a competition to win the Prize described below (the Promotion).
What is the Prize?
- The Prize is for one winner and three guests of the winner to receive a trip to Ireland for an Irish true experience including a visit to the Tullamore distillery (the Prize). There is one Prize in total for the entire Promotion.
Who can enter?
- The Promotion is open to anyone who is: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia or Canada (excluding residents of Quebec); and (b) is over the age of 18 years old only (or, if resident in Canada, over the age of 19 years old). Proof of residence and age will be requested.
- Employees of William Grant & Sons (the Promoter) or any company within the same group of companies as the Promoter, and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with the Promotion (Associates) are not allowed to enter the Promotion.
- The Promoter shall allow one entry per person.
- To claim the Prize, the winner and winner’s guests must have valid passports, valid for at least 6 months on date of travel, visas and any other necessary travel documentation required to travel to the destination.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify any details of any entrant, the winner or the winner’s guests.
How to enter the Promotion?
- To enter, entrants must respond to the update on the Tullamore D.E.W. Facebook page(s): “List why you would bring three of your friends to Ireland”. Answers must be given as a comment under the status update containing the question. Answers must be received while the Promotion is open.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Multiple entries will be treated as one single entry, and persistent abuse of this clause will result in immediate disqualification.
- Any third party entries, multiple entries or entries submitted by agents will not be accepted.
- Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating in the Promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. The winner’s guests must also comply with these rules.
- Any comments or material contained in an entry that is deemed offensive, abusive, illegal or derogatory or which use profanity shall be removed from the Tullamore D.E.W. Facebook page(s) and the entrant will be disqualified.
- Entries that suggest or encourage irresponsible drinking/behaviour or illegal activity are not permitted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to flag to its social media teams any posts, photos or material from the Promotion or any entries that could be regarded as graphic, obscene, defamatory, profane, explicit, racist, abusive, illegal or offensive in any way.
- Entries must not contain or refer to any third party brand or competitor of the Promoter and must not contain or reference any third party names, logos and/or trademarks.
- Entries should not feature anyone who is under the age of 25.
- The Promoter reserves the right to contact an entrant or any other party referred to in the entrant’s Facebook post for further clarification or verification where required.
- The winner’s guests must also be residents of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovakia or Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) and must be over the age of 18 years old only. Proof of residence and age will be requested.
What’s included and what’s not included in the Prize?
- The Prize includes:
- Economy class return flights for the winner and their guests to travel together to Dublin,
- Ireland from the nearest major airport in the winner’s country of residence.
- Travel to the Tullamore distillery from Dublin airport and travel from the distillery to the hotel.
- Two nights’ accommodation (one night in Dublin, one night in Tullamore) for the winner and their guests including breakfast each day at a minimum three star hotel accommodation.
- The Promoter will organise the flights and accommodation (which are subject to availability) and:
- must be made by or through the Promoter’s chosen travel agent;
- on a carrier of the Promoter’s choice; and
- must be booked at least thirty (30) days prior to the desired date of travel.
- Once flights and accommodation details are confirmed by the Promoter’s chosen travel agent (on behalf of the Promoter), no changes will be possible.
- The trip will be taken on a date suitable to the Promoter and, in any event, must be taken before 31/08/16 excluding Christmas, New Year, Easter and Bank Holidays. If the trip is not taken before 31/08/16, the winner will have no entitlement to the trip.
- The winner and winner’s guests are responsible for all trip expenses not specified in these rules as being included, such as taxes (other than those related to the air transportation), ground transportation (such as taxis and buses), travel insurance and gratuities.
- The winner and the winner’s guests will be required to provide evidence that they have sufficient travel insurance in place.
- The winner and the winner’s guests will be responsible for travel from their homes to the airport they are departing from and travel to their homes from the airport they return to.
- The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any circumstances that may cause the winner and/or winner’s guests to be unable to travel on the date of their booking.
What is the closing date?
- The closing date for entries to be received by the Promoter is 5.00pm on 25 March 2016 GMT (UK time).
- The Promoter’s decision about whether an entry has been received in time will be final.
How will the winner be chosen?
- The winner will be the entrant that provides the most interesting response when entering the Promotion by responding to the update on the Tullamore D.E.W. Facebook page(s).
- The winner of the Prize will be chosen by an independent judge or a panel that includes one independent member (whose decisions are final in all respects) from all the validly submitted entries received before the closing date.
- The winner will be chosen on 31 March 2016.
How will the winner be notified?
- The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the winner by posting a message underneath their original entry on Facebook before 11.59pm on 5 April 2016 GMT (UK time).
- The winner must respond to this communication within 7 days as instructed, or they will automatically be disqualified and another winner will be chosen.
- The Promoter reserves the right to repeat this process as often as is necessary.
- If the winner consents, the winner may be announced by the Promoter on the Tullamore D.E.W. Facebook page(s).
When will the winner be announced?
- The full name and county of the winner may be obtained after the date of judging by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request and the name of the Promotion to: William Grant & Sons Irish Brands Limited at 4th Floor, Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland within 3 months of the closing date.
Post Promotion Publicity
- The winner and the winner’s guests may be required to participate in reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion. The winner and the winner’s guests accept that the Promoter will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use their name and county of residence submitted as entry to the Promotion for the purposes of announcing the winner and for related promotional purposes.
- By participating in the Promotion, the entrants licence and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use.
Substitution of Prize
- Substitution or transfer of the Prize by the winner is not permitted.
- The Promoter has the right to substitute a Prize of similar or greater value, at its sole discretion in exceptional circumstances.
- There is no cash alternative for the Prize in whole or in part.
- The winner and winner’s guests must not do anything which could, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, bring the Promoter or any of the Associates into disrepute before, during or after this Promotion.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter, and none shall be returned.
- The Promoter is William Grant & Sons Irish Brands Limited.
- The Promoter's decision on all aspects of this Promotion is final and binding.
- The Promoter has the right to refuse to award the Prize to anyone whom it reasonably believes has broken any of these rules.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entry/claim that is lost, delayed, misdirected, corrupted or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Promotion or the awarding of the prize and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award the Prize or withdraw Prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the Promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions (or the spirit thereof) or where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any such decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, from any entrant’s participation in the Promotion or from the winner and their guests participation in the Prize.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand that the Promotion is being run by the Promoter, and entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not Facebook.
- The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and encourages consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information.